Sunday, October 21, 2007

Life's Journey

In life we have so many options....so many choices...so many decisions! We never know what our choices will yield unless we try. The year was 2002 Ii had just fallen out of love or what I thought was love. Moving on, the man of my dreams was right under my nose and I did not even know it. Fancy that! I bet that is the story of every one's life at some point or another. Turning back the hands of time and making up for the past is never a good idea. You see dwelling in the past leaves you in the past. Wishing you could change the past hinders progress in the future and living to change the past puts you at a dead standstill in your life. Living as if the past is going to change is the same as digging a hole to bury yourself in. What is a girl to do? How can I move on without any remnants of the past, without any regrets, without wondering what life would be like if I would have chose to follow the other road. Will these paths cross again? I believe they will. At this point I have taken a detour. I am on the scenic route and I am lolly gagging. As I continue on, I will soon find that the paths will cross again at a point least expected. It may be much sooner than I expect!!!
If life is really like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get; can I sample each piece of chocolate until I find one I like?

1 comment:

sherylslife said...

Wouldn't that be nice to "sample" events in your life and choosing the just the right ones.

You are very inspiring to your readers...I hope you inspire yourself with those same words written from the heart.